Sunday, June 5, 2011

My First Webcast!

 I finally got to "meet" my team today!

On Sunday 12:45pm PST (CALIFORNIA), 2:45pm CST (COLOMBIA & PERU), 3:45pm EST (OHIO) will all gathered together.   Some around a big screen at church(CALIFORNIA) and some around our computer screens. Together Extreme Colombia 5 obtained the details on the project and had the chance to ask any questions we had via a webcast.

All we had to do was first get all the time zones figured which our fearless leader, Alyson Cork helped with. Once the time was set, we turned on our computers and went to the URL, http://www.ustream.tv/. We then searched for Extreme Colombia 5 using the search box found at the top of the computer.

We then muted our computer (Commercials--yuck) and called a phone number.

Took a while for everyone to logged into the conference call and then to tweak the Ustream software so we could see everyone but we did it.

Interested in seeing what we did? Check out the uploaded video by clicking here or watch it in the player below.



Soon I will be boarding a jet plan bound for California and finally stopping in Colombia.

A big Thank you to my ebag sponsors:

Mike and Judy Cramer!

Time is running out if you were thinking about supporting me by purchasing something from my ebag list.  I need all materials donated for my ebag by June 12.  This will provide me with enough time to collect the materials myself and to pack them.  Would love to have you join me in my adventure through your participation in my ebag!

Prayer is also appreciated!  Current prayer requests are:

  • Vincent & Alyson are having Visa problems.  They are currently in Ecuador,  so please pray that the Lord will intervene so they can be in Colombia by the time we are there.
  • Ebag materials to arrive and for the packing parties that will be occurring in a week and half.
  • God's anointing on the meetings between Pastora and Vincent/Alyson as they discuss the technology issue for video conferencing of the Tuesday prayer times at the Cali Church each Tuesday from 4 to 6 am central time and for the details of the real time collaboration of the prayer time with Bedford Church of the Nazarene on June 28.
  • Pray for  the many people coming together to supply the needs in the field through donations to our ebags as well as donations to the project itself.
  • Pray that God will guide each of us as we cross geographical & cultural barriers and find hearts ready to receive the Word of God.
  • Pray that God opens doors for ministry, partnership and friendship.
  • Pray that we would be guided by the Holy Spirit and be able to recognize opportunities.

I thank my God every time I remember you.  In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now" Philippians 1:3-5 (NIV).

Thank you for praying!
Sharron

No comments:

Post a Comment